Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whoa...

Whoa, it's been a long time since I've written anything. Whoops.

Things have been really crazy down here in Mobile. First of all, 40 Days for Life is coming to a close, but with lots of activities. This past Thursday, some students that I harassed from Spring Hill College helped to keep vigil outside of the Planned Parenthood in Mobile. It's directly across the street from a Chuck E Cheese. Horrific irony or ingenious marketing, I don't know. It's a strange location. Nonetheless, there we were from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (students rotating shifts, of course).


That's us holding our signs :]
(Ferdi the Fetus is tucked safely in my pocket)

Also with 40 Days for Life, the Mobile chapter is holding a Candlelight Vigil on April 5th. There was much walking around the neighborhood, begging people to come. It was exhausting.


In addition to all those activities, I am in the midst of writing a million papers before Spring Break. I know, it's a weird topic to blog about, but I promise it is relevant to the pro-life movement! I am currently in the middle of a paper for my philosophy paper about what makes a person a person. A few weeks ago in the class we had to read this bizarre-o guy who claimed that free will makes a person. Sounds ok, right? Until he argued that very few people actually possess any free will. Yikes. That didn't sit well with me. So, now I am battling my rather liberal professor (who is much more informed than me in the likes of philosophy) on personhood. Yay. Prayers will be needed!

Rock for Life is also coming up - April 18th at SHC! I'm desperately begging for food to be donated to the event. It's a tough job and its keeping me away from my lovely computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment