According to the Catholic News Service, Benny is lifting excommunications off a number of bishops. Apparently, these are the bishops that went rogue by refusing to adhere to Vatican II. And it seems like they still have a beef with Il Papa.
Another fun bit of excommunication-ness....
Vice President Joe Biden is also not excommunicated. Well at least not officially....yet.
But since our resident White House Catholic's own bishop refuses to give him communion, he sort of is excommunicated.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Plus sides of excommunication of Joe Biden:
1. This bishop is showing how much Church leaders are fed up with dissent in the pews.
2. It is irksome to see someone in such a spotlight misrepresent the Catholic faith so much.
3. He makes us look like a bunch of hypocrites.
4. The media (the liberals) is going to be soooo hyped up over this.
So this quasi-excommunication thing might actually work for us.
1. Should people who voted for Biden be withheld communion, also?
2. The media (the liberals) is going to be soooo hyped up over this.
But overall, it is more important to protect the doctrines of the Church than to cater to the political and ideological whims of the masses.
And of course, our lovely heretics always have a chance to recant. :]